Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace bulb with LED?

bimo
Just Starting Out

How to replace bulb with LED?

Hi,

Can someone help me.

I need to replace my broken light bulb which is exactly like this one:

https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/philips-light-bulb-warm-white-60-watt-clear/p/234530?text=234530&q=23...

But I'm thinking to change it with LED.

The shape of fitting restricts me to change with common shape bulb..

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to replace bulb with LED?

Hi bimo

My phone is too old to follow your link.  Can you supply a photo of the bulb fitting?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bimo 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing your light bulb.

A good LED equivalent to the bulb you have, is the Philips R80 E27 LED 880Lm Warm White 10W Spot. It has all the advantages of an LED bulb, it does not generate an extreme amount of heat, it is much more economical, and it produces an equal amount of light as the old filament one.

I recommend bringing your old bulb with you to the store so that you can compare it to the size of the LED bulb.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @bimo this will be an R63 style bulb and yes you can replace with LED with either Warm or DayLight but I suggest taking your existing bulb in to store as there are some rogue sizes. 

R63 Bulb 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects