Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to update my living room?

mill
Just Starting Out

How to update my living room?

I’m needing help to update my living/lounge room unfortunately it’s all light/dark colours gray an white it’s a rental but unfortunately my furniture is dark too so wanting to lighten it up! Or something pls help. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to update my living room?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mill. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about updating your living room.

You might like to start by providing an image showcasing more of the room so our members can better understand what you're working with and then provide informed responses. Presuming changing the colour of your walls and furniture is out of the question, it sounds like that leaves you with accessorising the space. Here are some suggestions:

• Try introducing pops of colour through items like cushions, area rugs, curtains and wall art. Utilising cheerful bright colours will brighten the room and create a more inviting atmosphere by offsetting the dull wall colour.

• Mirrors can help reflect light and create an illusion of a larger brighter space. Place a mirror on the wall opposite the window to bounce light around the room.

• Bring in some greenery with indoor plants. They add life to the room and help purify the air. Choose low-maintenance plants if you're not much of a green thumb.

• If your rental agreement allows, you can consider using removable wallpaper or decals to add a subtle pattern or texture to one of the walls.

What elements or specific colours do you envision incorporating into your living/lounge room to make it feel even more like your own space?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects