Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Imperfections on Wall (Indoor)

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

Imperfections on Wall (Indoor)

Hello Subject Matter Expert,

May you please have a look at attached photographs and advice for buying either a 'liquid cleaner' for cleaning surface stains on wall (or) propose a paint and a method of how to do it. (either referring  to a earlier thread or as an attachment). Wall -imperfections_12Aug20 (2).jpegWall -imperfections_12Aug20 (3).jpegWall -imperfections_12Aug20 (4).jpegWall -imperfections_12Aug20 (5).jpegWall -imperfections_12Aug20 (6).jpegWall -imperfections_12Aug20 (1).jpeg

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Best Wishes
M.Muthu

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Imperfections on Wall (Indoor)

Hi @nagumuthu,

Thanks for the photos. Is the second image sticky tape?

I'm sure Workshop community members like @prettyliving and @Tara86 will be happy to suggest strategies for removing the marks from your walls. There's certainly plenty of things to try before resorting to repainting. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@nagumuthu try a magic eraser, otherwise I’ve used adhesive cleaner & solvent (in a aerosol can) to remove marks on walls before. Nail polish remover works too 👌🏻

Thank you Pretty Living for your suggestions.

Hello Jason

Squares on Image #2 are grout, that is obvious as the color does not match with wall.

I am unsure of how to match the color of wall and grout as the phone snaps ( that is used to choose color of grout)  differ from actual reality.

Hi @nagumuthu,

It's great to see you've already received some fantastic advice from @prettyliving about using magic erasers. I've used them before and have found them to be very effective.

Depending on how well the walls come up after using the erasers I would be inclined to suggest you consider painting the walls. Most of the marks you have there will be easily removed with cleaner but a couple of them look like that have scraped the top layer of paint off also. Not only will painting resolve all these marks but it will improve the look of the room considerably. I would advise using a good quality washable interior acrylic like Dulux Wash & Wear.

After grouting or filling damage to the wall, you'll need to paint over it matching the colour to the rest of the wall. If you take a sample of your paint into a Bunnings store they can colour match it for you. Alternatively, you can take some colour cards home with you to test against your wall. These colour cards are more accurate than what will appear on a phone screen.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

Thanks for your advice.

We already bought 'magic eraser'  from bunnings and will try this weekend.

I have not painted before and would like to know what tools are to be bought for painting the defects of wall (after cleaning with magic eraser).

That's a layman question. That's how my skill is on painting.

Best Wishes

M.Muthu.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects