Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Render wall? How to fix it?


Render wall? How to fix it?

Hi there,


Tried to fix all the holes, cracks and blemishes. However I have no idea what wall it is, cement render? What I only know is that the house is full brick.


And of course, what product should I choose to fix all of them? I am zero DIY level...


Thanks for advance.



Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Render wall? How to fix it?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @linglinghuai. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.


From the cracks, it appears that a cement render has been applied over the bricks.


I'd suggest Selleys 180g Spakfilla Rapid Gap Filler would be sufficient for filling these cracks and holes. It's easy to work with and sand back to a flush finish. If you wanted to use something more robust, I could recommend Timbermate 500g Concremate Expanding Cement. However, getting a great finish with this might be more difficult as it is a harder setting product. Anything proud of the wall needs to be sanded back flush with it, and anything sunken needs to be filled. You can try tapping those coloured wall plugs further in the wall and filling over them. Alternatively, you can try to drill them out.


You should find these step-by-step guides useful:





Please let me know if you have further questions or need assistance.




See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects