Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repainting my son's bedroom

Serenitygrace
Just Starting Out

Repainting my son's bedroom

My Son's room needed some renovation. So we went to Bunnings and he choose colours that he loved - that big purple wall (purple foley) and the (handsome royal) blue. I got the Grey shades (Silver Tea Set and Diesel Engine) to keep it sane :laugh: .

I wanted to try out the stripes I keep seeing from reno shows, but I was a bit apprehensive, as my previous experience with perfect edge painting was not so perfect - I used normal masking tapes and it did not work too well. I've seen some ads for the Frogtape, and though it was a bit pricier than what I was used to- I gave it a try. The result was awesome! It was so satisfying to pull out the tape and see the knife-edged lines. Thank you to the maker. Good product.

Purple Foley WallPurple Foley WallScreen Shot 2020-07-11 at 1.33.20 am.png

Perfect stripes - it was so satisfying to take off the tapePerfect stripes - it was so satisfying to take off the tapeLiked the Grey stripes, but my son wanted the blueLiked the Grey stripes, but my son wanted the blue

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re painting my Son's Bedroom

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Serenitygrace It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

I'm sure your son loved being part of choosing the colours for his own room and he's done a great job of it.

No matter the tape you use there is still an amount of skill involved in getting perfect stripes. You've done extremely well. On television, you will very rarely see closeup shots after pinstriping has been done. A wide-angle shot is normally taken as to not show how much bleed through they unfortunately got.

We look forward to seeing what other projects you have going on around your home and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects