Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Square Set Plastering

Tarz
Growing in Experience

Square Set Plastering

We have just ripped out our built-in wardrobe, and we're extending the doors up, changing the layout, building new cabinetry and getting made to measeure sliding doors (will post pics eventually!). We are even replacing a load baring beam to get more height!

Instead of replacing the timber jam, we're wanting to do square set plaster - am unsure if this is DIY-able or if we need to get a plasterer. Anyone had any experience? Found any great videos? It is a big area - 3.7m x 2.3m.

Sian
Getting Established

Re: Square Set Plastering

I've had squareset plaster in a previous house and it was pretty tough to get perfect, both for plaster and for painting. I'd get someone skilled to do just this section so you don't end up staring at that imperfection for years with annoyance.

Branchy249
Cultivating a Following

I agree with Sian - I would get a proffesional in for square set plaster.

I have seen it done and even the plasterer's say it is difficult.

Tarz
Growing in Experience

Thanks @Sian & @Branchy249 -thought as much! Was hoping for a DIY, but definitely don't want to be going back to it in 6 months time and cursing our skills! Plasterer it is!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tarz,

Hope all is well. Just wondering how you are going with this project? Have you got a plasterer in yet? It would be great to see some photos of what you're doing. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects