Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Watch Out for Spam Data that Looks Like Bunnings

aussiblue
Having an Impact

Watch Out for Spam Data that Looks Like Bunnings

I don't know where this should go (what section); but watch out for spam emails that looks like an email from Bunnings for a Bunnings competition for a $500 gift voucher from Bunnings.  It will take you to http://diy-store.com-download.space/surveys/AU/bun/5/?oid=637&xc=924 or http://play.quiz-winners.com/lpx/HYgBb8PvvO?aff=mm-lll&reqid=9891897&oid=561&s1=5843|95&poid=637 where your "entry" information will initiate hundreds of spam and phishing emails plus mobile calls from all sorts of dodgy people, companies and organisations. 

Bunnings
Customer Service
Customer Service

Re: Watch Out for Spam Data that Looks Like Bunnings

Thanks for posting @aussiblue.

Bunnings does not use social media for any offers or promotions. However, Bunnings is aware that it is being misrepresented via a growing number of scam emails, Facebook pages and/or websites targeting individuals with opportunities to win, or receive, Bunnings gift cards or vouchers. 

Bunnings is reporting all scams to the ACCC’s SCAM Watch and is encouraging customers to help eliminate these scams and protect others by also reporting your experience to the ACCC.

If you are ever unsure about the legitimacy of Bunnings advertising online or elsewhere, you are always welcome to contact us in-store or via our contact us page.

Yes; I know and I don't usually get caught. But in this case, as well as featuring the Buniings colours and logo, the initial phishing  email coincidentally, or by clever planning, arrived in my email at the same time as the Workshops daily digest giving it a greater air of legitimacy than usual when I read my emails in the order they arrived.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@aussiblue, thanks for exposing the con, are you still able to access the email address of the spam sender, in your InBox? If not, perhaps your email Trashbox, as it'd be very welcome information so that others can apply a "Message Filter" in their "Tools" dialogue box.

I think it was from either prizereactor.com.au or offerx.com.au both are in my email blacklist and I had email sometime today from both. The emails were deleted. Investigating further I suspect it started with some seemingly legitimate and harmless type emails from a Lindsay and Sean Harrison from earthmailtrack.com and jupitermailtrack.com that I made the mistake of responding to.
darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@aussiblue

Yep, and every other major company like Woolworths, Coles and the like.  If you receive emails that make you click on a link, my suggestion/recommendation is DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.  Most email programs allow you to block the senders email address.

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

They were very clever though. They must have got my email from on of the car forums I am on as the first few email exchangers referred to that forum and asked for some car part numbers I had access to.
Helen
Having an Impact

Thanks for your post! I got caught up in one of those year or so ago, learnt that lesson quickly! I think it was $1000 gift voucher you could win for completing survey! Now you get phone calls to complete survey, then all charities ring --- for your support!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects