Workshop
Ask a question

Temporary Flooring Module

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Temporary Flooring Module

My workshop (Shed) is very small (6m x 4m) so I wanted to make use of a covered area which is a side extension of an under main roof carport.
floor frame 2.jpg
I was using the area for my Sliding Mitre Saw station but it only has a gravel surface, so I decided to make a floor for it.
floor frame.jpg
A local business was clearing large 3.6m Pallets so I collected one of those and used the 90mm x90mm stretchers to create the floor frame.
floor frame 3.jpg
I nailed in a number of cross supports using other salvaged timber and positioned and leveled the floor frame in place.
floor frame 4.jpg
I went to my local Bunnings and bought 2 sheets of Yellow Tongue Constructor Foor and had them cut it to size so that it fitted perfectly, then screwed it down to the frame.
floor frame 5.jpg
All done and a lot more comfortable on my feet when wearing my safety slippers!
I have since covered the remaining gravel area with sawdust for even greater comfort.

Wood Working with Wayne
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Temporary Flooring Module

@Wayne

So, so cool, I love it.

I too wear safety slippers, & summer friendly Japanese footwear.

By the way, do you ever sleep? I can't believe how much you get done, you're a champion.

Re: Temporary Flooring Module

Yes I do sleep! Most  of these projects span over the past couple years. I just dig through my photos and choose a project that may be of interest to this discussion group.

Wood Working with Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects