Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlo camera on hebel

vaibhs
Just Starting Out

Arlo camera on hebel

Hi there! I am a beginner and planning to drill my first hole for Arlo pro3 floodlight. Its a lightweight light and camera which i need to fix on a hebel panel. Can a basic ryobi drill be suitable for the job or do I need to use a hammer drill? What else should I need to be careful about?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlo camera on hebel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vaibhs. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

When drilling into Hebel, you would use a masonry drill bit in non-hammer mode, so a basic Ryobi drill would be suitable. You might like to wear some protective eyewear as bits of the Hebel can flick off whilst drilling. 

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Did you manage to install that camera @vaibhs?

Please let me know if you ran into any difficulties or if I can be of further assistance.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc  not yet. I have bought the ryobi hammer drill with a masonry bit now. Would be great to know the best torque and speed setting before i drill a hole in hebe. Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vaibhs,

Hebel is to be drilled with the hammer function turned off and at a medium to slow speed. You mustn't use the hammer function as I might crack the Hebel. You will be putting it in drill-mode which removes the torque function. The torque function is used when fixing screws.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects