Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Awning over back door - what materials?

Trying
Making a Splash

Awning over back door - what materials?

Talking about myself AND my she-shed ! Storm tonight,wind howling through the rivergums,heavy rain on my tin roof - just heaven !! Except that the internet became the outnet and the computer threw a hissy fit !  But Telstra to the rescue and we are now good to go...SO.....I need some ideas as to what materials and style should I choose to put an awning over my plain old wooden back door. It faces west and gets all the bad weather, plus there's a huge deciduous tree (30 mts) about 4 mts from the door. Not wanting to spend any more than I must, and not able to cut timber as no workshop now. Dilemma is my middle name. Cheers

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Awning over back door - what materials?

Your welcome @Trying does help that both my local stores are fairly big and they stock some different things to each other. The web pages leave a lot to be desired, still they are miles ahead of the trade one.
John1
Having an Impact

sales@federationsupplies.com.au

This maybe ideal for you federation style canopies for above windows but I think this style would look great over a backdoor. The email address is not a link but an address I found it on the web and they make kits up all you have to do is give them the measurements as you will see on the site. You do not have to saw anything and still get the satisfaction of knowing you built it.0110-l-873x312.gif

This one is called a Bullnose Colourbond Awnings Treated Pine 110.

DSCN0192.JPGDSCN0191.JPG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects