Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ al fresco countertop

AS19
Growing in Experience

BBQ al fresco countertop

I am looking for a REALLY quick and cheap way to replace the timber countertop that sits beside our BBQ... We are prepping the house for sale so don’t want to over spend on something that won’t pay off. The timber is greyed, splitting and warped so I think it is probably beyond repair. Someone suggested using a laminate project panel and treating it to make it water resistant. Is this a viable option? It is 2100 x 600 and we have a Bunnings store just around the corner!! 

EFD3FC44-62C7-485A-8835-44DB6465190F.jpeg

235E13B6-BE03-4103-9557-DECF5BFBE448.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BBQ al fresco countertop

Hi @AS19,

My apologies that you didn't receive a response to your post in my absence from Workshop. I hope your preparations for the sale of your house are progressing well.  

These projects previously shared on Workshop might give you some inspiration if you haven't already replaced that barbecue countertop:

Let me also extend an overdue but very warm welcome to the community. We trust you will get loads of inspiration and helpful advice for your projects from our ever-helpful and creative members. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with something or have a new project to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects