Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard help!

Tmariani
Finding My Feet

Backyard help!

Hello everyone!

i am new here. 
My husband and I brought a house early this year and slowly doing inside Reno’s. 

We are at loss as to what we can do with our backyard. The pool was filled in prior to us buying my husband would like some sort of sunken fire pit area. 
where the rocks and side shrubs are we would like to do a raised garden bed with timber sleepers.

note: we have removed two of the back sheds and some of the green trees at the front of this picture. Any help- ideas are so welcome (:

4955BF7C-F93D-4E22-A628-48877BD1B62F.jpeg

E21245BF-F0AC-4259-B519-796E9247B02F.jpeg

Jennifer4054
Finding My Feet

Re: backyard help!

Hey Tmariani

Your space has lots of potential! I'd suggest a hedge along your fences to frame the yard in front of it - we're in Queensland and have used murayas with great success. That would also help with disguising the difference in fence colour.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you!

i know there are so many possibilities - we are just stuck with what to do (low maintenance of course) haha.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tmariani,

Congrats on the new house. It's great that you have been busy making it yours with the reno work inside. We're looking forward to seeing what you have done. And I'm sure the community can assist with inspiration for the backyard. We have amazing members sharing advice and inspiration every day.

These resources might be a good starting point:

Welcome to Workshop, and please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Backyard help!

I'd start with the fences first. @ProjectPete has shared how he used timber cladding on his Colorbond fences to make them look absolutely stunning - definitely check that out. Are you also thinking about a timber deck?

icemanx
Growing in Experience

@Jennifer4054 can we see some photos then please as I would like to get as MANY Ideas as I can too

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects