Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

Shannon
Making a Splash

Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

image.jpeg

Shannon
Making a Splash

Re: Bamboo panel ( extra privacy ) little Bali ,rose mohogany stain ,chain link feature

image.jpeg

Shannon
Making a Splash

Re: Bamboo panel ( extra privacy ) little Bali ,rose mohogany stain ,chain link feature

image.jpeg

Shannon
Making a Splash

image.jpeg

KraftyAnarchy
Growing in Experience

Nice and neat, love it, great way to spruce up an otherrwise dull area!

Sorby
Finding My Feet

Re: Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

How did you fix this to the fence? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sorby,

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us.

Please let me tag @Shannon for you so he is alerted to your question about how the bamboo panels were attached to the fence. Can I ask whether you are planning your own fencing project?

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. And let me know if you need assistance with getting the most from the site - the Workshop team and I are always happy to help. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RobynJ1
Getting Established

I’d love to know how this was done as I would like to attempt it myself. Can it be screwed directly into a colorbond fence?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @RobynJ1.

An easy way to attach screening panels to your Colourbond fence is to install timber batons horizontally which the screening can screw into. You can use 70 x 22mm 4.8m Decking ACQ Treated Pine cut to length and screwed into the vertical Colourbond posts with Buildex 8 18 x 30mm Climacoat Countersunk Ribbed Head Metal Tek Screws 50 pack. It would also be a good idea to screw the timber into the horizontal Colourbond rail in the middle.

Once the timber baton has been installed top and bottom you can use it to screw your panels onto.

If you would like further information about this process or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply. Why can’t you screw the panels directly onto the fence? Why do I need the timber batons? Is it for sturdiness?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects