Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Brick pavers need an uplift

Susiegot
Finding My Feet

Brick pavers need an uplift

Hi our pavers have started to lose the grouting between them and when we did a section using M3 mortar from Bunnings the colour was inconsistent.  The next section is in a prominent position so we are reluctant to use the same product.  The pavers have an 8mm+ gap between them.  What product would you suggest and what process would you use ?Grouting replaced in this section but colour of mortar varies.Grouting replaced in this section but colour of mortar varies.

Re: Brick pavers need an uplift

Hello @Susiegot 

Sometimes depth is a factor, but it's not a fixed rule. Patching new with old or in-between gaps produces exactly the type of issue your facing. Using another product might give you a closer match but it will never match your current grout as it has been weathered.  You might have to remove all the grout and start fresh. This will at least give you uniformity on the first go.  The undetermined part is that even if we used a different product there is no guarantee that you would not run in to the same issue.  Old and new grout sometimes just don't work well together.  I recommend trying one of our suggestions and try to brush clean the grout line with  detergent or tile and brick cleaner. I know it's tedious but it's one of things you can try short of full re-grouting. Good luck and stay safe.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects