Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Buddy bench for school

mlb_diy
Growing in Experience

Buddy bench for school

20220423_142549.jpg

My son & I built a Buddy Bench for his school. 

A Buddy Bench is where kids can go if they are lonely, sad or need a friend. Other kids or teachers then come over to them to help with whatever is going on.

20220212_140531.jpg

20220213_112952.jpg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Buddy bench for school

What a beautiful thought behind this project, @mlb_diy, I'm loving it. It's so heartwarming to see your son involved in this build too, and doing something wonderful for his peers. Did he enjoy the process? The bench itself looks lovely, and I'm sure those bright set of colours will help in brightening up someone's day. 

A huge congratulations for this project!

Akanksha  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mlb_diy
Growing in Experience

Re: Buddy bench for school

He loved helping with the design and had a go of all of the tools etc. My daughter made sure everyone knew that she was the one who chose the colours though! When we delivered it to school, he gave a speech and explained what it was for. He was so proud of himself, as was I.

Since dropping it off, he said that it has been used a lot for both it's intended purpose, but also a central point where they play games from and just hang out. Perfect!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects