Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bunnings Bistro blinds

Usman
Getting Established

Bunnings Bistro blinds

B239E1DF-1353-4758-B41E-DCCBCB2F9D16.jpeg

Hello,

I am planning to install bistro blinds to cover my Alfresco. 

dimensions are 3x 2.32, 3.8x 2.32 and 4x 2.32m. 

@MitchellMc are you able to advise what sizes i should be using. 

thanks. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bunnings Bistro blinds

Hi @Usman,

The different width blinds we have to work with are:

These are the end extensions that allow the blinds to be fixed to the pillars:

These are the joiner strips if two or more blinds are needed: 

There is also a wall anchor to fix the extensions to the pillar:

To fit a 3-meter gap: Bistro Blind 3000mm and two 210cm Wall Anchors.   

To fit a 3.8-meter gap: Bistro Blind 1800mmBistro Blind 1800mm, 20cm Zip Joiner, two 10cm End Extensions and two 210cm Wall Anchors. Note: Remove 5cm extensions included on blinds and replace with 10cm extensions.

To fit a 4-meter gap: Bistro Blind 1800mmBistro Blind 2100mm20cm Zip Joiner and two 210cm Wall Anchors. Note: Leave 5cm extensions included on blinds.

You might like to have a play around and see if you can find a better combination of elements to use. I've tried to keep the sizes as uniform as possible.

I hope this assists and please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Usman
Getting Established

@MitchellMc Thanks. This is indeed a detailed response with the max possible explanation. You guys are making DIYers life very easy. 

the only question I left with is what are the best screws that require to attach wall anchors with the brick walls / pillars?

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Usman,

For fixing the Bistro Blinds 210cm Black Wall Anchor to brick walls and pillars I would suggest Ramset 5 x 35mm White Frame Wall Plugs Pack of 25 and Pinnacle 5.0 x 40mm Black Countersunk Head Timber Screw - 20 Pack. I would advise placing a wall fixings every 50cm along the length of the wall anchor.

I have amended my previous reply as I have just been made aware that the kits do include the side extensions ready for mounting. This fact might change all the products needed above. I now believe the Bistro Blinds 0.75mm PVC Outdoor Blind - 3000mm x 2400mm Clear / Black will indeed fit the 3-meter gap only requiring two Bistro Blinds 210cm Black Wall Anchors to fix it.

Please allow me until after the weekend to contact the supplier to clarify where they take their measurements from and if the stated sizes include the extensions pieces in the kit. I need to know this as there is no room to make errors.

I do apologise for this inconvenience.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Usman

I managed to visit a Bunnings Store and take measurements myself of the blinds. The issue I was having is that they include two 5cm extensions on the blind which are counted in the overall width they are describing. If you join two blinds together and need longer extensions you need to base calculations off the stated width minus the included extensions.

I've edited my above post also so it doesn't confuse others reading this thread. I believe the following calculations to be correct.

To fit a 3-meter gap: Bistro Blind 3000mm and two 210cm Wall Anchors. Note: Leave 5cm extensions included on blinds.   

To fit a 3.8-meter gap: Bistro Blind 1800mmBistro Blind 1800mm, 20cm Zip Joiner, two 10cm End Extensions and two 210cm Wall Anchors. Note: Remove 5cm extensions included on blinds and replace with 10cm extensions.

To fit a 4-meter gap: Bistro Blind 1800mmBistro Blind 2100mm20cm Zip Joiner and two 210cm Wall Anchors. Note: Leave 5cm extensions included on blinds.

Once again I apologise for any confusion.

Mitchell

Usman
Getting Established

Thanks @MitchellMc . I will let you know how I go.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects