Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cat enclosure

Chrissie35
Building a Reputation

Cat enclosure

In October last year I told you of the Cat Enclosure I was wanting to build - my very first project at the age of 59 !! 

It took me a month to complete , totally on my own. 

It has , over the top , part cat max and part shadecloth so the cats can chose sun ir shade and there is also a cat door so they can come and go as they please . Thete is a full length U Zip so I can go in and out through the back if needed.  I am about to add a clear Tarp over the top so the cats can still go out there when it is raining and I will remove this again when summer returns . I have my 2 chairs out there also and enjoy sitting out there having a cuppa or reading and have lunch out there often with friends . I never sat out there in the last 20 years !! Bunnings staff were fantastic in cutting most of the wood to my measurements and also for their advice when needed . 

I am extremely happy with the result and my Cats LOVE it . 

I have added a couple of photos .

20190506_231518.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-231426_Gallery.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cat enclosure

Hello @Anita13

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Let me tag @Chrissie35 to make them aware of your kind words. I totally agree it is a fantastic project. If you have questions or need assistance with your cat enclosure, please don't hesitate to post them. We would be more than happy to help.

Please keep us updated without progress, we look forward to seeing the start of your cat enclosure.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jasmine293
Just Starting Out

Hi Chrissie, just wondering what sort of netting you used?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jasmine293. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this wonderful project.

Let me mention @Chrissie35 so they are alerted to your question.

Are you thinking of creating a catio for your cat? Our members would be keen to hear all about it. Feel free to start a discussion if you need any assistance. 

Here are some previous topics that you could take inspiration from:

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@jasmine293 

The netting is called " Cat Net , .

If you google it , look for Catnets.com.au , Australian company , you can buy as much or as little online as needed . It is strong and needs strong cutters to cut it .

I secured it using shadecloth clips , and wire threaded through to attach it to surrounds 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects