Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chainsaw stalling

justinbeckerman
Finding My Feet

Chainsaw stalling

Hi folks - I bought a home lite petrol chainsaw - followed the instructions carefully, but it is stalling after I release the accelerator and won’t idle. 

Have replaced the petrol mix several times but still the same problem. 

I still have the receipt and packaging, and would just take it in to swap for a new one but was wondering if I was doing something wrong? 

any suggestions would be great. Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: chainsaw stalling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @justinbeckerman. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your new chainsaw.

Is it at step eight of the below instructions that the machine stalls and won't idle? If you can get the machine running at step eight, but it dies if not under full throttle, it likely needs to be replaced. If you are trying to start the machine in particularly cold weather, at step eight, you can hold the throttle down for 30secs before releasing it straight away. This warms the machine up. 

It sounds like it needs an idle adjustment which is not something I would recommend you do. I'd advise you to see a helpful team member in-store; they'll swap the machine out and can also walk you through the start-up procedure.

Please let me know if you have questions or if I can assist you with the return of the machine.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: chainsaw stalling

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, it dies at step 8. I’ll take it in to be replaced. 

cheers!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects