Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Composite decking with decking frame

rajan558
Getting Established

Composite decking with decking frame

I would.like to build outdoor decking see attach plan just want to get help in 

Frame is 90 x 45 mm treated pine 

Decking is composite 137 x 23 mm

Need to create 2 x 2.1 x 5 m frame and join in order to get 2.1 x 10m frame one side length is 10 m and other side is 8 m. 

So my question is 

1. Since I can get 5.4 m lengths only what's the best way to put my decking so I can get most out of 5.4 length.

2. Need to put joist hanger which way I can put that in easy way with less cutting.

3. The floor is concrete but have a big slope so what I can use in order to balance the frame . 

4. The space in hard line joist needs to be 1 m and dotted joist is 450mm 

5. Need to put wired hand railing with wooden post around 70mm x 70 mm what's best way to join to decking .

6.what would be the length of diagnol pine frame at both end. 

7. Would I be able make bench and table with composite decking if I use metal frames same as merbau 

Thanks 

20201104_212808.jpg

rajan558
Getting Established

material required to build decking

Hi thanks for helping us understanding can you please calculate and advise what materials with quantity required to build the attach parklets with decking.  

Decking size 2.1 x 10 m 

Hand railing height 900 mm 

Bench and table length 1.8 m 

We will be using same composite decking board on benches and table what we use for decking.  

Need to follow council requirements will be laying decking in long way 10 m instead 2.1 way 

20201113_131750.jpg

20201104_212808.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-105646_Office.jpg

Screenshot_20201012-171127_Office.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: material required to build decking

Hi @rajan558,

All the details of what materials you need are listed on the plan. It's just a matter of sitting down and spending a couple of hours working out what is required and writing lists. I can try my best to do that for you but unfortunately, I'm not a builder so it will take me some time to understand the plans.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: material required to build decking

@rajan558,

To lay the decking in the opposite direction to the plan, the framing of the deck needs to change.  You'll note on the plan below that the joists are now running perpendicular to the decking boards to allow nailing off.

I've calculated the timber necessary to construct the below deck. Obviously, your version has the diagonals, but this will give you a good estimation of the requirements.

You'll need to supply more information on the design of the bench and tables for me to advise what timber is needed for them. You might like to consider using Marquee 3 Piece Timber Bench Settings as they could be more cost-effective than the actual timber to build them.

We're looking forward to seeing your project come together. Please let us know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

Deckrajan[1625].png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects