Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cubby house extension

Preeg
Finding My Feet

Cubby house extension

Hi there, I bought a cubby house for my kids but after I realised its bit small for two kids and I want to extend it in each way like height length width please share your ideas.

Thanks 

Screenshot_20200418_184640_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200423_163000_com.facebook.katana.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cubby house extension

Welcome to the Workshop community @Preeg. I'd be happy to start the conversation.

If you left a wall off when building you could use some 90 x 45mm mgp10 treated Pine Timber Framing to create an extension off to the side.

cubbywork.png

I've been creating a similar cubby house and also felt the floor was not large enough. I added a little shop onto the side of the cubby to provide more floor space. My addition was made with pallets sourced from a Bunnings store.

cubbyextension.png

To raise the height of the cubby you might like to consider concrete blocks or perhaps treated pine sleepers. Alternatively, you would be looking at extending the frame up with timber and re-cladding the whole cubbies base.

I'm sure our helpful community members will have some great ideas to share on your project. There is a fantastic discussion going on created by @Yorky88 about D-I-Y cubby houses which you might take inspiration from as well.

If you need more information or have questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks  for your help,

do u mind to sharing the full picture of your project and roughly estimate how much does it cost? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Preeg,

Unfortunately @MitchellMc hasn't finished his cubby house project as yet. He will be sharing a full how-to of the project, including tools and materials required, on the site very soon.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry @Preeg, just noticed that we didn't get back to you after @MitchellMc finished the cubby.

Here's the guide - How to build a pallet cubby 

I'm sure Mitch will be more than happy to help if you would like to build something like it.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects