Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

20190224_161556.jpg

We just built an amazing decked alfresco area and the boring brick wall was screaming "help me".

I have a creative spark and thought it could be a fun couple DIY project to do with my Fiancee.

We had a old temp fence sitting in the backyard, along with some Un-REAL artificial tiles and a packet of cable ties. This is all we needed to create the masterpiece!

1. Cut the temp fence or mesh into your desired size. We went for a 1.5m x 1.5m round circle.

2. Lay out the UN-REAL screening ontop making sure the whole area is coverered. This particular mesh panels click together, this is shown in one of the photos. 

3. Flip the temp fence or mesh over and using cable ties attach it to the mesh panel

4. Flip it back over and cut the screening to suit the shape

5. Hang in your desired area

20190224_115051.jpgOur plain, boring brick wall. BEFOREOur plain, boring brick wall. BEFOREAttaching to the meshAttaching to the mesh

Victoria
Growing in Experience

Re: DIY Artificial Plant Wall

Looks amazing!!!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: D.I.Y. artificial plant wall

Brilliant, well done @Nikkaz. Thanks for sharing your first project with the community. I'm sure your work will inspire others and we look forward to seeing more soon!

Welcome to the Workshop community. Please feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand with a project. We have loads of members sharing inspiring creations as well as helpful advice. We're pleased you could join us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Great job looks fantastic:)

Thats a big improvement over looking at a plain brick wall for sure :smile:

Something like that would look awesome around a staghorn as well I reckon :smile: (better than the wooden boards they give you lols)
glmdup
Just Starting Out

Hi
Did you get those greenery panels from bunnings?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @glmdup,

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. So sorry your post didn't receive a reply during my absence from the community. I see above that @Nikkaz mentioned that he used UN-REAL panels which are certainly available at Bunnings. On this page you will find the entire range - https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/brands/u/un-real-hedge-plants

This has certainly been a very popular project with members and visitors to the site. It has already had nearly 20,000 views. Please let us know if you end up creating something similar - we would love to see it!

A very warm welcome to the community. We are sure you will find lots of inspiration and helpful information on the site from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden or have something to share. 

Jason

Yes, they are from Bunnings. The good thing about these panels they are all interconnected by mesh at the back of the greenary, enabling you to choose the size and click as many as you would like together. The greenary is also detachable, so you change the overall sectioning of leaves. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, thanks so much for confirming @Nikkaz. And congrats on sharing such a popular project! We are looking forward to your next one. :smile:

Jason

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Hello @Nikkaz 

I have to admit I have never been a fan of plastic plants or any of these plant walls, BUT and I have to say BUT, what you have done, looks great.  more so as you said on this blank wall.  Love the circle.   :smile:

Hi @glmdup Yes I did. 

I used https://www.bunnings.com.au/un-real-100-x-100cm-luxury-artificial-hedge-tile-boston-fern_p0015481

My wall is about 1.5x1.5 so I had 2 of these above.

:smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects