Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. awning from flatpack

sc6017
Finding My Feet

D.I.Y. awning from flatpack

Hi I've got next to no experience however have a few friends that are quite handy. 

Just wondering how difficult these flatpack patios are to install, similar to the one in link provided below. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/absco-sheds-6-0-x-3-0-x-3-0m-awning-patio-cover-pale-eucalypt_p3316986

Are these fairly straight forward to set up, given that everything is cut to size? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: DIY Awning from Flatpack

Prepacked, cut to size, Easy step by step DIY instructions and Engineer certified... Almost perfect
BTW, purchase a Bosch Drill/Driver/Combo with the money you'll save by DIY

Re: DIY Awning from Flatpack

Thanks mate! Gives me a bit more confidence. Will definitely take your advice re: Bosch drill.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: D.I.Y. awning from flatpack

Hi @sc6017,

Hope all is well. Just checking in to see if you have made any progress on your awning project? Let us know if you need a hand with anything. 

Let me also extend an overdue but very warm welcome to the Workshop online community. It's fantastic to have you join us and we look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects