Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. table with iron bar

isabella1
Getting Established

D.I.Y. table with iron bar

20200709_181940.jpg

Table made out of timber sleepers.

20200708_163541.jpg

20200708_180819.jpg

20200707_134423.jpg

20200707_181209.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: diy table from a timber sleeepers

Hello @isabella1,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your beautiful table project.

What a beautiful table, the steel strip highlights give your table a modern vibe. This must be a very heavy table, can you tell us how long it took to sand down to prep? What paint and finishes did you use for the benchtop and legs? What screws did you use to fix the timber top to the frame. I'm sure our community members would like to know the details of your build.

Again thank you for sharing, we look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
isabella1
Getting Established

Re: diy table from a timber sleeepers

Hey thanks for the compliment.i did use a flat iron bar for this and sand it to get the shiny looks of it.in regards with sanding i just have use a sander with with a rough paper and didnt really perfectly smoothen it so it will have the old style effect on it.i did use timber screws.i stained it with the mebau color stain.and a clear varnish after.the table legs are just outdoor paint.the long chairs are just the legth of timber sleepers which is 3 mtrs.and painted white for chair.legs are black.

20200709_181934.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects