Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Decking

bomba
Just Starting Out

Decking

Wanting to know how hard would it be to do a decking myself and what would be the easiest way of doing.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Decking

Hi @bomba
Welcome to the forum, Photos and more information also helps
Have a look at

How To Build A Timber Deck

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @bomba. You've certainly come to the right place for advice and support. We have lots of friendly and experienced members who would be happy to help. 

Your post immediately reminded me of our most popular decking project on the site - D.I.Y. deck from scratch by @Tara86. Tara and her partner built it from scratch and it was their first deck project, so she should have some great feedback for you.

Let me tag some other Workshop members that have built their own decks, including @danieltheman@Harv@raymao268@LePallet@maknilsin and @Adam_W.

You might also get some inspiration and information from our Top 10 most popular deck projects.  

And this is also a great place to start - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/outdoor/decking/how-to-build-a-deck

Looking forward to seeing your project come to fruition, and seeing the community assist along the way.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@bomba FYI it's decking month @ Bunnings. Call your local store and see if they are doing any DIY's on it atm. Last weekend we did a major decking event and had customers building decks with us in-store.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects