Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

The Easter long weekend is fast approaching and I even managed to get the Thurs and Tues off so it's 6 days of freedom for me :smile:

What have you got planned?

While I'm hosting a family feast, an easter egg hunt for my kids and a pool party with mates - I'm making the most of the free time to knock off a few projects.

1 - Ripping out the carpet in my Master and replacing with engineered floorboards.

2 - Replacing/installing wooden benchtop in laundry so it runs from wall to wall (approx 3m) rather than just a standalone unit. A new sink and mixer will also go in and I'll redo the splashback with subway tiles.

3 - Repaint the front of my house with a couple of greys and a feature door.

I'll do a post for each of the projects - looking forward to it!

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Ben
Making a Splash

Re: Easter long weekend - what have you got planned?

@ProjectPete you've reminded me to lock a couple of days aside, outside of family visiting from interstate.

We're getting the house ready for sale at the moment, so sanding and re-staining the side and rear gates will be the priority.

I'm in the market for six new pots at present - the Yuccas in the front garden have gone too well, so they're ready to be split out.

I'll be sure to share photos.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good topic @ProjectPete.

One labourious job that we are going to tackle is going through all our topsoil that has been deposited at the rear of our backyard by the builders and removing all the building debris, weeds and grass from it before it gets spread over our new garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like we will also be painting over the long weekend as the plasterers should be finished in our backyard games room today. 

Jason

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

Will also do some painting now that the weather is cooler.

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

I also want to try to make some concrete pots for succulents. 

sof
Getting Established

I'm going to be painting (as well as some of you!) my paling fence black so the greenery of the plants pop when spring comes, and measuring and costing up a new deck.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Black is a bold choice @sof! The plants should certainly look fantastic against such a dramatic backdrop.

We are also planning to paint our fence soon. Some of the palings have been replaced so it doesn't look great at the moment with them really standing out amongst the old weatherered ones. We are going to do a dark grey, something like @KingStreetReno's colour shown in this post

Jason

sof
Getting Established

@Jason you had me second-guessing the black after your post (actually it's Dulux Domino so not quite black) but turns out I like it. Phew!

Now to save some coin and get a deck down in this space in a month or two.

IMG_9725.JPG

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Quick update friends...

1- new floors are in and looking beautiful.
2- halfway through "replacing laundry benchtop" as it's turned into a complete Reno of the laundry haha
3- hoping to paint front of house tomorrow but it's all weather dependant (rains in Perth)

PS I bought a new toy, will post about it shortly :smile:
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects