Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Enclosing verandah in a rental

cit159971
Just Starting Out

Enclosing verandah in a rental

Hi

I'd like to enclose my verandah with shade cloth on one side but cladding on the other. I want to build two stud walls to support shade cloth as well as cladding. Because I live in a rental I am not alias to attach it in any way to the house deck and verandah. So these two walls will been to support themselves. I’m thinking of just make a box with for walls clad on side shade cloth the other and just stick it on top of the verandah so I can take it way with no damage to anything. So it will just sit on the verandah. How do I do this. Can someone tell me please how I can do this.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Enclosing verandah in a rental

Hi @cit159971,

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Can I ask if you have spoken to your landlord? I would have thought a landlord should be very supportive if you are proposing improvements to the property.  

I would also encourage you to share some photos of the area with our helpful community members so they can see what you are working with. That way you are much more likely to get specific advice and assistance. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Enclosing verandah in a rental

Apologies for the slow reply @cit159971.  

As per Jason’s reply, please let us know if you need any assistance uploading photos to the Workshop site. It would be really helpful to see some pictures of the area.

Our step-by-step guide How to build a stud wall might be helpful to you. I have also added the video below. It shows the installation of an internal stud wall. The methods used will be similar to your project. However, since it is outside I would recommend using Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing.

If I can provide any further information or assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for your question and we look forward to seeing your project progress.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects