Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence colour - Dulux Monument or Domino?

NickiC
Growing in Experience

Fence colour - Dulux Monument or Domino?

C4A369AF-5279-4F68-ABE4-0562DD3189A0.jpegWe are looking to paint our back fence and we can’t decide between Dulux Monument or Dulux Domino.

Has anybody painted with either and give me your thoughts?

Thanks 😀

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fence Colours

You should be really pleased. I've added your photo to your first post so we can feature it on our Project Gallery. I'm sure plenty of others will be inspired by your work.

Thanks again, let us know what you are planning to tackle next! We're happy to help. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
NickiC
Growing in Experience

Thanks Jason. We have even inspired the next door neighbours and they want to paint their fence now in Monument so hopefully my photo can inspire others.

have just put up a post about paint colours inside as that’s our next project 😀

butters
Growing in Experience

This is out next project, did you use a spray gun or just roller and brush? We would prefer to use a spray gun (time saver) but wary of overspray to ours and neighbours property

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @butters,

Let me mention @NickiC so they are alerted to your question.

You might be interested in checking out @Jason's discussion Backyard fence makeover about his project. I know he used a spray gun and Dulux RapidFinish. He also mentions "You do need to cover surfaces you don't want to get paint on, like brickwork for example. Although the gun is reasonably accurate there will be splatter, so preparation is important" and to "cut in with a brush and use a large piece of cardboard to shield"

I hope this helps.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects