Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Franklin caravan renovation

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

Franklin caravan renovation

Frankie the Franklin Hunter caravan - completed renovation in July. 

A new floor has been laid, new kitchen built, new blinds and cushions purchased, and a full fit out installed throughout.

The kitchen has been upgraded with a new kitchen top, sink, tap, hot plate, kettle and coffee machine.

Completely redecorated inside in a stylish white, distressed emerald green vintage wood, gold and dark wood colour scheme, van has a double bed at one end, and a dining area that folds down at the other.

Frankie8.jpg

Frankie1.jpgFrankie1.4.jpgFrankie1.1.jpgFrankie1.2.jpgFrankie4.jpgFrankie6.1.jpgFrankie6.2.jpgFrankie6.3.jpgFrankie6.jpgFrankie7.1.jpgFrankie7.jpgFrankie9.jpg

InsideFrankie.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Franklin caravan renovation

Congrats @Peggers, another amazing transformation. 

I'm sure our members will be inspired by your work. 

I should also link to your informative How to renovate a caravan series for those who want to renovate their own retro van.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

@Peggers - I have to say that I’m loving these caravan restorations, and yours looks lovely. I’m also noticing a lot of older caravans in my local area. There’s a real oldie that’s been converted to a food van, and a couple of “mid-range” oldies that are obviously used as caravans.

Congrats on your Reno, it must be very satisfying, love the colours that you’ve used as well, cheers Deb

Flamingcupie
Just Starting Out

Can I ask what paint you used. 😊

Hi @Flamingcupie,

Welcome to the Workshop community. Have you got a caravan that you are renovating? We'd love to see it!

Let me tag @Peggers for you so he is alerted to your question about what paint he used when restoring the van. 

You might also be interested in reading Rob's How to renovate a caravan series and his guide How to paint like a professional.

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project, or have something to share.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects