Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front yard landscaping

syal77
Just Starting Out

Front yard landscaping

Hi,

I am planning to do front landscaping by my self. I need to make U shape garden bed with marbau cladding. Where to start and what material should I Choose 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Front yard landscaping

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @syal77.

We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform your front garden. Have you seen the helpful guide How to plan a garden makeover by @Adam_W? It might be a great place to start.

Then I would encourage you to share some photos and a sketch with dimensions of what you have planned so members can see what you are working with and get a better idea of what you want to achieve. That way they can provide much more specific and helpful advice.  

We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading more about your makeover and all your other projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Front yard landscaping

It's great to have you join us @syal77.

I've just put together a rendering which will assist you with the basic constructing of the garden bed. To create a U shape, you'll simply extend one side.

I'd suggest framing the planter out of 90 x 35mm H3 MGP 10 Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing. You can then clad over the top of it with Merbau decking. I look forward to hearing more about the dimensions of your project. If the planter is going to be quite large, you should consider constructing it from sleepers instead of the framing timber.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects