Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gerni Pressure Washers

Aussiebuoy
Growing in Experience

Gerni Pressure Washers

Nozzle Spray Patterns.pngI recently purchased a new Gerni 5300 1885 PSI High-Pressure Washer.  Among the accessories are two spray nozzles, a Jet Spray & Variable Spray.  Unfortunately neither of the nozzles can provide a needle or pencil-type spray which I had on an old pressure washer (different brand) and found very useful for applying a strong, concentrated pencil-type jet of water for a distance of 30cm or more.  Is there another nozzle I can buy for my new Gerni which will provide me with what I need?  Please see the red nozzle in the attached picture for reference.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Gerni Pressure Washers

That's a great question @Aussiebuoy. Let me tag @MitchellMc who will be able to help you when he is back on Friday.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Aussiebuoy,

I note that your Gerni 1885PSI 2100W High Pressure Washer comes with the jet spray nozzle attachment. Gerni has suggested that this nozzle should adjust to a pencil thickness spray, as per the image I've added below. Were you able to adjust it from a fan to pencil spray?

There are no additional nozzles available that reduce the width of spray further.

Please let me know if you have questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi MitchellMc,

Thank you for contacting Gerni and for your reply.  Unfortunately the jet spray nozzle that came with my Gerni 5300 cannot adjust to a pencil thickness spray shown in your attached picture.  It will only adjust down to a narrow fan spray similar to that shown by the yellow nozzle shown in my reference picture.  Should I return the jet spray nozzle to Bunnings and ask for a replacement?  Your assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

AussieBuoy

Hi @Aussiebuoy,

You might like to try the variable spray, as it can adjust from a wide spray down to a powerful jet spray. However, it sounds like you are after the zero-degree spray available on our range of Karcher petrol powered machines as they accept the quick connect spray nozzles. I can understand how having a strong concentrated pencil-like spray would come in handy, as sometimes stubborn stains are hard to remove with the fan type.

I'd be more than happy to facilitate the return/exchange of the product if needed.

Mitchell

Thank you MitchellMc.  Before I purchase the Karcher Cleaner Petrol Accessory 5 Piece Nozzle Kit you refer to, can you confirm please that these Karcher nozzles are compatible with my Gerni 5300 1885 PSI High-Pressure Washer?

Aussiebuoy

@Aussiebuoy,

Unfortunately, these Karcher nozzles are only compatible with Karcher petrol powered machines. The electric machines do not feature the quick connection sockets these require.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

After you explained that the jet spray nozzle that came with my Gerni 5300 which, according to Gerni, should adjust to a pencil thickness spray, I tried again on the weekend to achieve a pencil spray.  On each occasion after 4 attempts, the nozzle blew off the end of the lance before I could narrow the spray to the same as in your attached image. Perhaps there is a faulty connection with either the nozzle or the lance - I am not sure.  However, after spending $399 on my new Gerni pressure washer only 3 months ago, naturally I am very dissatisfied to discover this fault.  Would you please advise how I should arrange for a replacement or refund from Bunnings?

Regards,

Aussiebuoy 

Hi @Aussiebuoy,

I apologise that you are still having issues with your Gerni pressure washer. If you'd like to see the team in-store with your proof of purchase and the unit, then we can look at replacing the nozzle/lance or providing a refund.

I'll reach out via PM to offer assistance with this process.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects