Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Get more from your firepit

dirtygardener
Building a Reputation

Get more from your firepit

Here's an idea for your new fire pit. We made a top for it out of merbau offcuts. There is a hole in the top for a plant to poke out and it means your fire pit can be used as a spot for a coffee break when its not being used for fires. We put a grate in the bottom to improve airflow for fires and the plant pot sits on top. My idea, my other half did the execution!PRINT 6 Pallitt St East Vic Park 23.jpgPRINT 6 Pallitt St East Vic Park 26.jpgPRINT 6 Pallitt St East Vic Park 27.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Get more from your firepit

Nice one @dirtygardener, many thanks for sharing. It's a great little idea and fire pits are so popular at the moment.

Welcome to the community. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get plenty of inspiration from other members for new projects around the house and garden. We look forward to seeing what you tackle next.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Senator
Getting Established

Great idea !!! Thanks for the post.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Senator. We're pleased to have you as part of the Workshop community. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. And please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Welcome,

Jason

gardening
Finding My Feet

Fantastic idea!! 👍🏼

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Maria (@gardening),

Are you looking at creating an entertaining area with a fire pit in your backyard? We have a fantastic guide on How to build a fire pit by @Adam_W. I'm sure it would look fabulous in most settings. There's also an excellent range of fire pits to choose from on the Bunnings Website.

I trust @dirtygardener would be delighted to assist you with building your firepit cover.

Please keep us updated and reach out if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects