Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hi, I am needing to close in a deck ( a bit under 3mt by 3 mtr). I am struggling to find a handyman.

SusieMeg
Just Starting Out

Hi, I am needing to close in a deck ( a bit under 3mt by 3 mtr). I am struggling to find a handyman.

Hi.

I need to enclose a small deck. I would like to do it simply by using composite wood on one side and a door and glass louvers on the other.

I know Bunnings has plantation type shutters, do you have the glass louvers?

You also list the composite to purchase for $14...but it doesn't say how much that buys....

You can tell I am a real novice.

Do you have builders that can do these jobs with materials purchased at Bunning?

Please help me!!!!!!!

Cheers

Susie Meg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hi, I am needing to close in a deck ( a bit under 3mt by 3 mtr). I am struggling to find a ha...

Welcome to the bunnings Workshop community @SusieMeg. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

Would you be able to provide a link to the composite wood product that you are interested in as I am having trouble finding it? I'll then be able to tell you the length.

The only louvre window I can seem to find in our range is one to suit a greenhouse: Maze Greenhouse Louver Window. You could potentially use this in your build.

Workshop is a D.I.Y. community for discussion about home improvement projects around the house and garden. Our talented members are contributing their own decking projects here all the time and I trust they would be more than happy to assist you with tackling this project if you were interested.

For finding a qualified tradesperson in your area, you might be better served to try a site like Hipages or Airtasker

Please let us know if you have any questions about the project or need assistance in getting started.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Hi, I am needing to close in a deck ( a bit under 3mt by 3 mtr). I am struggling to find a ha...

Hi Mitchell

Thank you for your help.

I have had a better look and I think that the white plantation shutters might be the best way to go.

Can fly screens be fitted to these?

I have never had any luck with HiPages people, they have done terrible work for me on a number of jobs - but I will try Airtasker.

I thought Bunnings had Tradies they recommended... :unhappy:

These are the shutters I am looking at.

Easy As 1510 x 1800 ($997) and 1810 x 1800 ($1,190).

They will cover the whole area as long as there is a frame.

Cheers

Susie

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SusieMeg,

Plantation shutters are generally located on the inside of a fixed window and flyscreen system. If you wanted to use the plantation shutters as a standalone system perhaps you could incorporate Pillar Products 99 x 204cm Charcoal Kakadu Roller Flyscreen Door or a retractable flyscreen system. It really depends on how the shutters are framed and what suits that situation.

Bunnings does provide many In-Home Services, however, I don't believe shutter installation is part of that offer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects