Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How I stripped back my deck

Jeanagh
Having an Impact

How I stripped back my deck

Merry Xmas everyone 

So, some of you may have seen a previous post asking 'how do I fix my deck?' You folks had some awesome suggestions for which I thank you. I stripped the old stain off with Intergrain timber stripper which worked really well (also learnt it is very slippery). Then cleaned it off with my Karcher, although this did chew up the wood but just a little.  Then, following your advice,  I hit it with 80 grit followed by 120 grit, my palm sander and my new toy, the orbital. It's taken me awhile (can't physically do to much) but I'm very proud of myself for what I achieved. Now hopefully the weather will be just right tomorrow for the first coat of jam.

20221209_164924.jpg20221228_073203_1.jpg20221209_164934.jpg

Re: Finally finished my deck

Thanks Mitchell, I've actually already done this and have marked where the water goes down to. Luckily the hole doesn't seem to be at the bottom cause that's where all the little stones are.  Unfortunately I just don't have the physical well being to just remove them all. But, my motto is "never give up" so slowly  slowly  is the best i can do, also, the fact that i hate being beaten by a project means I will stick with it and figure it out......one day!  But first job the weeding 🥵

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects