Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I change the colour of Ekodeck?

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

How can I change the colour of Ekodeck?

Hi,

I know this may sound odd but having installed Ekodeck (backbeach) on a deck, we now regret that we should have purchased Alpine Ash. Are we left with no choice but to live it with it? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I change the colour of Eckodeck?

Hi @AJ-DIYer,

Due to the polyethylene component of Ekodeck, it is tough for products to adhere to it adequately, so there's no real way to change the colour. Adhesion to HDPE plastic is difficult, and Ekodeck does not recommend painting, sealing or staining over their product. 

Just be aware that this might be a bit of buyer's remorse, and your thoughts on the choice might change. Whenever we have two options that we are indecisive about and go with one of them, there's always going to be a period afterwards where we second guess our choice and regret the decision. Had you gone with the Alpine Ash, you could be here now asking the same question and regretting that you didn't get the Backbeach. Alpine Ash, the lightest of the colours, will show every single mark and soil easily. I can almost guarantee that the first time you start noticing marks on it, you'd wish you went with Backbeach.

What exactly is it that has made you regret the colour choice? Perhaps if you could show us some pictures of the area, our helpful members could make styling suggestions that complement the overall look.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

Thanks for the information. Very helpful, it was just out of a curiosity. We are trying to add other landscaping ideas to make the deck look better. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Post up some pictures @AJ-DIYer, I'm sure our members will be full of helpful suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects