Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I make this screen door look a bit better?

Wouldy
Making a Splash

How can I make this screen door look a bit better?

screen door.jpg

I am upcycling this beautiful screen door. I am planning to take the hinges off the side as they are not needed on it anymore. The door itself is actually quite heavy. I plan to hang things off of it. With the current design I do not think I will be able to hang too much off of it. I am wondering what I can do to add extra things so I can hang more on it?  I also thought I do not really want the bottom sitting on the floor. If I could hang it a few centimetres off the floor, I would be happier with that. It is just tricky as I cannot put anything permanently into the wall. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I make this screen door look a bit better?

Hi @Wouldy,

You might like to let our helpful members know what types of items you wish to hang off the door. That would give them a better idea of solutions they could suggest.

Perhaps you could make some feet for the door out of timber that would both keep it upright and hold it off the floor. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the door.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How can I make this screen door look a bit better?

@MitchellMc 

I am not sure yet what is going to be hung off the door. I havn't got that far in my thinking. I will keep updated though. I have some spare wood here from the chairs that I did up. I could probably do something with that. I will have a look. I am not even sure yet if I am going to keep the timber screen door yet. It is beautiful, but if it just isn't going to go, I will have to get rid of it altogether. I only have a week to do all of this and I am fairly busy with other things too. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects