Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I obtain battery powered sensor light with a suction cap to attached to the outside walls of

thomast
Finding My Feet

How do I obtain battery powered sensor light with a suction cap to attached to the outside walls of

I require a suitable battery powered outdoor security light with a suction cap backing to attach to the wall of my caravan

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I obtain battery powered sensor light with a suction cap to attached to the outside wa...

Hello @thomast

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about a battery-powered sensor light.

Using a suction cup is a viable option when attaching light items to walls. Solar security lights however have a bit of heft to them and I don't think suction cups will do the job. But there are other mounting options that are available to you. You can use angle brackets, rope, and wood. Among those three wood offers the best option for quick and easy setup. 

Here are a few suggested timber configurations, you can build a 90degree hanging installation that you can just put on the side of your caravan, a hook type system or a roof sitting method. I've placed some diagrams below to give you a better idea. I suggest using the Click Solar LED Dual Security Light. It charges during the day and has a maximum lighting distance of 12 meters. It is rated for outside use so it can get wet in the rain. I currently use one of these security lights and it is very bright and there are a lot of options to adjust sensitivity and the time that it stays on. It's been with me for over a year now and works very well.

Let me tag our experienced members @TedBear, @Noyade, and @MikeTNZ for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do I obtain battery powered sensor light with a suction cap to attached to the outside walls

Hi @thomast 

I wonder if something like this would do the trick for you....

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cole-bright-radar-360-persis-security-light_p018209

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: How do I obtain battery powered sensor light with a suction cap to attached to the outside walls

Hi @thomast,

Is this caravan staying in one place or will it be transported quite regularly?

If the caravan is going to be moved, any fittings on the side of it need to be permanently mounted, to prevent them from coming off during transport.

Any further information you can give us regarding this install would be well received.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Hi MikeTNZ, van will be moving around. I found a light at Bunnings that has velcro strips that can be attached to the van and removed once travel is commenced.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for getting back to us with the solution you've gone with @thomast. I trust our members will appreciate knowing what method you chose.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects