Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I seal this crack in an outdoor retaining wall?

Caro
Growing in Experience

How do I seal this crack in an outdoor retaining wall?

Hi.  I am trying to seal a very large crack in an outdoor garden retaining wall.  I have been advised to use Sikaflex Pro+.  I have taped the edges of the crack but the crack is a couple of cms wide at the top and hollow.  I am not sure whether to put a lot of the product in the top first to build up a base or just to see if I can fill the sides on the surface then the top.  I don't want it to ooze out and be even more ugly.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  Carolyn

Total Crack in outdoor retaining wallTotal Crack in outdoor retaining wallTop crackTop crackSide crackSide crack

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I seal this crack in an outdoor retaining wall

Hi @Caro. It's fantastic to see you make your first post on the community! Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

Generally, in situations like these to stop excessive use of the product and creating a mess, you should fill the excess void first. This can be done by using Moroday filler rod and pushing it down inside the gap. Fill the gap up with the rod to one centimetre beneath the surface of it and then fill the remainder with Sikaflex Pro+ to finish it off.

If you have further questions or need advice, please, let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caro
Growing in Experience

Re: How do I seal this crack in an outdoor retaining wall

Excellent.  Thanks for your quick reply and help.  I will go down to Bunnings and purchase.  I have checked the website and it is in stock.  Again, much appreciated.  Caro 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects