Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How many pavers do I need?

Lewie
Finding My Feet

How many pavers do I need?

I need to get some pavers that are 200 x100x50 & I have 9sqm to pave, they are sold as each, so how many will I need please.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how many pavers??

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lewie. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions about the number of pavers needed.

You can calculate the square meterage of the paver by multiplying the width by the length. You can then divide your area by that amount to get the required number. The square meterage of the paver is 0.02. So, nine divided by 0.02 is 450 pavers for that area.

We have a fantastic range of pavers to choose from, which can be ordered online and delivered to your home.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell  thanks for your reply. It's a triangle area base is 2mts, longest side is 8mt. 

450 pavers does sound right for such a small area. My neighbour told me is would round out at 8-9sqm total. But if your saying I would need 450 pavers, something doesn't sound right 🤔

20210904_080952.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Lewie,

I've triple checked my math, and it appears correct. These are only tiny "pavers" the size of bricks. To do one line, 200mm high at the bottom of your triangle out of the 8000mm, it would require 20 pavers. Since this is a triangle and not a square, the pavers will need to be cut, and you'll potentially need more than 450 to complete the job. However, by my calculations, the area is right on eight square meters, not nine, which is more like 401 pavers.

To verify, check out some online paving calculators. They let you put in all the measurements and spit out the number of pavers you need for the job.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Hi, ok, wow that's a heap of pavers, so I think I might look at another option. Not wanting to spend a heap of $$ as it's just a  area along the edge of my drive that you tend to walk on when getting in to the car. Thanks Mitchell, really appreciate ur help 👍

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Perhaps you could use pebbles, which would be substantially cheaper in bulk, and then have several stepping stones of pavers along the area as a feature? Similar to the look achieved in @weekenddiyer's Side yard paving and bike shelter.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell, pebbles aren't really an option in this area, but I might see if I can reduce it by adding a garden bed or something. I might come back to you with an ammeneded size 🙂

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic @Lewie. Let us know how you go, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects