Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to bring gloss and shine to outdoor alfresco textured tiles?

foxhound
Growing in Experience

How to bring gloss and shine to outdoor alfresco textured tiles?

Hi,

I am seeking help to get my outdoor tiles to shine a little bit. Is there any sealer or polish that I can use to get them to gloss without damaging them at all. They are rough textured tiles suitable for outdoors. Also, they stain really easily and really hard to get the stains removed (oil etc). Is there any product which I can use to clean them as well please. Below is the link for specifications and colour.

https://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/1235665-infinite-dark-grey-textoutdoor tiles.jpg

foxhound_0-1710850267448.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to bring gloss and shine to outdoor alfresco textured tiles?

Hello @foxhound 

Thanks for sharing your question about coating your tiles in a gloss finish. Before you begin your project, I suggest testing the surface of your tile for porosity. Place several drops of water on the surface of your tiles, observe carefully for 10 minutes and see if the water gets absorbed by the tile. 

Some tiles absorb water quickly others slowly, but what is important is that it gets absorbed. If after some time the drops of water are still on the surface unabsorbed, then I'm afraid that your tiles can't be coated.

Coating your tiles with a gloss finish gives it a fantastic finish, however, it also removes the grip on the surface of the tile making it very slippery. Please note that this is a possibility that you should consider when deciding the coating for your tiles.

If your tiles are porous, I suggest having a look at Crommelin 250ml DiamondCoat Gloss Sealer Sample Pot and Crommelin 1L Gloss Wet Look Concrete And Paving Sealer. For a natural protective finish, I recommend Crommelin 6L Natural Finish Penetrating Sealer And Water Repellent. I strongly suggest doing a test in a corner that is not in direct line of sight to give you an idea of what the finish will look like.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
foxhound
Growing in Experience

Thanks Eric I'll try Crommelin 6L Natural Finish Penetrating Sealer And Water Repellent and get back with the results.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We can't wait to see your results @foxhound. Please reach out if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects