Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a pool deck and access stairs?

Markryan61
Just Starting Out

How to build a pool deck and access stairs?

i’m about ready to start building a small deck and access stairs for my above ground swimming pool. I anticipate the deck to be 2 m long by 1.2 wide. I’m not sure what materials to build out of.it will be 1300 high

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a pool deck and access stairs?

Hello @Markryan61 

Thanks for sharing your question about building a small deck with access stairs. In this particular instance, I suggest checking the rules and regulations of your local council concerning building a small deck next to an above ground swimming pool. 

I would also like to recommend engaging the services of a registered builder or drafts person. Because the deck is taller than one meter a plan and permit will most likely be necessary when you build it. In regards to the stairs, I suggest having a look at the Wilmaplex stringers. These are prebuilt timber steps and come in different step configurations.

I also suggest having a look at these guides - How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W and How to build a deck by @MitchellMc. These guides will give you a general idea of what timber to use for your deck.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects