Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build an outdoor wooden staircase with storage underneath ?

vb21601
Just Starting Out

How to build an outdoor wooden staircase with storage underneath ?

image.jpg

Hi, I am looking for building a wooden staircase of 10/11 treads with storage underneath (to store garden tools) to reach a deck height of 1920mm but the stair length space available is ~2.5m only due to storm water drain point.
Appreciate your advice and links to guides on building the staircase. 
Thank you.

e5b510f5-21f0-4a47-a1c7-1283e0779f62.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a outdoor wooden staircase with storage underneath ?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vb21601. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a staircase.

There are certain rules and regulations you must adhere to when constructing a staircase. If you were to work with a rise of 200mm and a going of 334mm (which is the max) then you should end up with eight steps within your 2500mm requirements. As there are regulations surrounding the construction, I encourage you to determine the requirements in your area and ensure that your steps are built to those standards.

Here's a guide on How to build outdoor steps. You might also like to consider installing a premade unit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for the advice, appreciate it.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No problems, @vb21601! Keep us updated, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects