Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to ensure levels on a sloping block

ScottHGirling
Just Starting Out

How to ensure levels on a sloping block

0BB8716A-E283-4491-83C4-5102C80615E5.jpeg

  

1A6BB018-AE06-48D3-A403-084F00FDC400.jpeg

I recently built a low-height picket fence around the garden bed at the front of my Unit using recycled pickets & tile battens. There is a slope from front of Unit to garden edge which abuts the common driveway (see pics). One challenge was to ensure the same level of all nine support posts. Existing trees in the garden made a string line difficult. My brother came to the rescue. It’s a 2person exercise. We picked up some clear tube from Bunnings (about 10ms). Fill the tube with water, ensuring no bubbles remain. Then take the ends of the tube to any two posts and  hold the tube ends against the post. You might need to raise or lower the posts until the water in the tube at both ends is level with the top of the post. Easy, quick & effective :smile: 

6AA46301-7399-4FAE-A5F3-7830B9F53F83.jpeg

53B2DE15-2795-49FC-B821-2111FDECEA96.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to ensure levels on a sloping block

Hello @ScottHGirling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your solution to leveling support posts.

What an elegant solution to a challenging problem. Your picket fence looks picture perfect and looks totally level. How did you get the slope of the fence so perfect? I'd be interested to hear the materials you used to make the picket fence. I'm sure our members would like to know the steps you took to assemble your project.

Thank you for sharing the photos of your project. We look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects