Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a hose hook to Hebel?

Mike2021
Just Starting Out

How to fix a hose hook to Hebel?

Hi,

I have 2 hose hooks that I would like to attach to a rendered hebel wall. Can you please advise what screws I need to use and what drill bit? Also do I need to seal around the screws and if so what would you recommend I use? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a hose hook to Hebel?

Hello @Mike2021

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to mount hose hooks to Hebel blocks.

Before I give you any recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a photo or indicate the model number of the hook you are putting on? This will allow our members to have a better idea of what you are trying to attach to the Hebel block. Once our members see it, they can then provide you with a comprehensive recommendation on what to use.

To help you get started here is the link to Hebels Brochure for fixings: Hebels Proprietary Fixing & Brackets

Here is a handy reference to some of the common fittings used on Hebel: Fixings for use with Hebel 

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mike2021
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric,

It’s a Haxbury Silver Savanna Hose Hook I/N: 0077866. 

Thank you. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Mike2021

Thank you so much for the quick response. I recommend using Ramset 8 x 40mm Anchor RamPlug - 20 Pack as the wall plug for your install. I suggest using an 8mm Masonry Bit as required by the Ramplugs. It's best to use Zenith 10G x 40mm Galvanised Type 17 Countersunk Head Timber Screws - 50 Pack to mount your hose hook.

You could also refer to these previous discussions about mounting to Hebel:

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your hose hook mounted.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Amiol
Getting Established

For future visitors to this question on the forum, the Hebel Technical Manual lists many methods for fixing to Hebel walls for different load types:
https://hebel.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Hebel-Tech-Man-Pt5-Fixings-Finishes-Access-2.pdf

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects