Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide a cable to a fountain from an electrical point?

shery328
Finding My Feet

How to hide a cable to a fountain from an electrical point?

What is the best and cheapest way to hide cable from alfresco electrical point to fountain (back fence of the backyard). What are my options?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide a cable to a fountain from an electrical point?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shery328. It is great to have you join us and we look forward to seeing how your backyard fountain project comes together. 

Let me tag electrical experts @CSParnell and @MikeTNZ to see how they would tackle this problem. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts would also be happy to share their thoughts as soon as possible, too. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Ho @shery328 

Thank you so much for posting.

Are you able to take some photos of the route the cable will take and the path you want the cable protected so I can visually see what might be best visually and safely suited.

Carl

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @shery328,

We'll be keen to see those images that @CSParnell mentioned. They'll give us a much better idea of what solutions to suggest. Also, please let us know if this cable will be 12volt or 240volt. In either case, the neatest solution might be running the cable underground in Heavy Duty Rigid Conduit

Please be advised that any 240volt electrical work needs to be installed/modified by a licensed electrician.

Mitchell

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @shery328 just a follow up to see how you went with this and if you need any advice just shout out.

Thanks everyone, cable has been laid out under the artificial grass and pebbles with the help of the landscaper and electrician. Refer pics attached. My next task is to install fountain 🙂

20220806_114405.jpg

20220806_114412.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm glad to hear you got the cable sorted @shery328.

Sing out if you need a hand with your fountain installation. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects