Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve appearance of patio roof?

Ana101
Just Starting Out

How to improve appearance of patio roof?

Hello, this is the current patio roof on the house I've purchased. I am assuming the silver is some insulation. It obviously doesn't look great so looking for suggestions on t he best way forward. Should I remove the silver liner (it's under some chicken type wire) or should I add some boards over the top to cover it? I was thinking maybe cement sheeting? Or is there a better alternate that would work and look nice? Thanks! 

IMG_20211217_095056.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Patio roof

Hello @Ana101

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about your patio roof.

I suggest using James Hardie HardieFlex™ 2400 x 450 x 4.5mm Eaves 1.08m². It can be hand nailed or gun nailed providing nails are not over-driven. You can cut it to size easily with a score and snap knife. It is deemed non-combustible and suitable for bushfire-prone areas. It will resist damage from rot, moisture, termites, and fire.

I recommend using James Hardie Villaboard Knife Score and Snap to easily cut the HardieFlex to the size that you need. Please note that the HardiFlex comes in different sizes, make sure to measure the gap between your timbers before proceeding to the store. I suggest using Fibre Cement Nails to attach the panel to your patio ceiling.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects