Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to join two gazebos together?

msbobthebuilder
Just Starting Out

How to join two gazebos together?

B4499D24-A79D-41F2-B295-AB4ACCF304DD.png

  

Hi I’m here for some advice
I’m interested in buying 2 of these gazebos and want to join them together as it’s way cheaper then buying a 6m long gazebo
I’d like to know if anyone has joined the two together ? Or has any idea how to join them without water getting through
I’ve been looking at quad gutter and if that will be a good idea

Thanks

9B184582-16AB-4A15-AED5-5DF551128907.jpeg

D3AE3364-D256-4F5D-A4CB-B13202A20994.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to join two gazebos

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @msbobthebuilder. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about joining two gazebos.

You could potentially run guttering between the two gazebos, but without a fascia to attach it to, I feel that would overly complicate the join and add many more points of failure. You'll have similar issues with the valley and ridge capping as although they'll cover the join, there's no real way to stop water from the flat roof getting up and under them unless you were thinking of attaching them under the roof.

I'd suggest the simplest solution would be to butt the gazebos up against each other and apply a thick bead of Black SikaFlex 11FC to the edge of the rooves before bringing them together. You'll also need to mechanically fix the gazebos together, so undue stress is not placed on the join. You could cut some threaded rods to create oversized bolts for connecting the two frames. It appears the bolts could run between the two gazebos' horizontal frames at the joining point, tieing them together. Alternatively, if you can fix the two beams together with several Zenith 10G x 65mm Galvanised Countersunk Head Metal Screws, that would also work.

Once you have this mechanical and sealed join, you can go over the top with an additional silicone caulking product to give the area dual protection. I'd suggest you caulk the top of the joint with Selleys 290ml Clear Storm Waterproof Gutter And Roof Sealant, as it is suitable for metals and plastics and will provide protection to the joint. Ensure the caulking spreads at least 15mm out onto both rooves. For an additional layer of protection, you can then apply Consolidated Alloys 75mm x 10m Weatherproof Byute Flash Flashing Tape over the join, ensuring it is stuck sufficiently to both rooves. This flashing will essentially create your valley where the water will run into and then off the roof. I'd suggest painting the aluminium-backed flashing the same colour as your gazebos.

I've created a rendering below for you that should hopefully help illustrate the above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects