Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a back board for these led strips?

NeonStreetligh1
Just Starting Out

How to make a back board for these led strips?

20230508_192835.jpg

I've recently purchased some led stips and I need something to mount them to, what materials could I use to make a figure 8 and a straight line that's sturdy and doesn't stand out, the strips came with clips on the back so I can bolt them on or just tie it on. What it the most cost effective and simple way to go about this?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to make a back board for these led strips

Hello @NeonStreetligh1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about cutting backboards for your project.

I suggest using 5mm Corflute White 1200 x 900mm. It's relatively easy to cut with a craft knife and is strong enough to mount, glue or zip-tie the LED lights on. 

Aside from Corflute, I also recommend using 2400 x 1200mm 9mm MDF Panel Standard. It can be cut with an ordinary handsaw. It comes in several sizes. Why not visit the store to see what is available.  

Please remember to wear personal safety such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when cutting the panels.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects