Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount a Gardena hose reel to cladding?

Invictus
Growing in Experience

How to mount a Gardena hose reel to cladding?

Want to mount gardena 8045-25 hose reel to house in lifestyle village hardie plank cladding 9mm. Steel studs.

Can I use hollow wall anchors (molly's) mounted in stud where possible. Any help greatly appreciated 🙏 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: mount gardena hose reel

Hello @Invictus 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about mounting a hose reel.

I suggest using the Tox M6 Flip Toggle Bolt as it has a higher weight rating than Mollys. Each toggle bolt is rated for 55kg and with four combined together has a holding power of 220kg which is more than enough to hold the weight of the hose reel. My only suggestion is to use washers if the head of the screw is smaller than the mounting hole of the hose reel. Please make sure that the toggle bolts are mounted to the steel studs and not just on the cladding.

Please make sure to wear safety gear such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when drilling and working on the hose reel mount.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Invictus
Growing in Experience

Cheers Eric will go to warehouse tomorrow and get some. Can only pick up strut on 3 holes hopefully should be enough 

Have a great weekend 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Invictus,

Three fixings in the stud and one into the Hardiplank would be enough to mount your hose reel firmly. 

Please reach out again if you run into any issues.

Mitchell

Invictus
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell, I hope to install it tomorrow so will post photo of finished job (hopefully)

Invictus
Growing in Experience

Looks like tomorrow now, neighbour asked if I could fix her mixer tap so off to Bunnings buy new tap, just finished changing it out and she says while your here can you fix flywire on window, so you guessed it back to bunnings buy flywire and replace now I am shattered hot and mine will have to wait ha ha maybe I will finally post photo tomorrow cheers Dave

Invictus
Growing in Experience

So much for wishful thinking. Stud detector wouldn't calibrate bought new battery still saame works on inside wall but not outside. Used magnet located studs drilled holes after buying 13mm drill bit. Tried to fit flip  toggles no chance plastic broke toggles dropped inside cavity, seems studs are chanel, so not enough room for toggles to open!!!!!

Went back to original plan andd used molly 6mm bolts, job done and mount for reel fitted just to stuffed to lift hose reel now so will put it on and take photo tomorrow FINALLY!!!!

Invictus
Growing in Experience

20230206_163826.jpg

20230206_163815.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Invictus 

Thank you very much for the update. I'm sorry the toggles did not work out. The hose reel mount looks to be ok and I don't see any bending or warping from the Hardie plank. 

Again, thank you for sharing your garden reel mounting project.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects