Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reduce the weeds?

vica
Having an Impact

How to reduce the weeds?

182DFB88-D679-44DC-A1BA-459C758EA8FF.jpeg

8F4E19B1-30A6-4A18-AAC3-10D14FFE876C.jpeg

  

Hi,mates! 

I cleaned the lawn and planted flowers there two months ago .After rain recently , now many grass are growing rapidly. How can I do to reduce them?

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to reduce the weeds?

Hi @vica,

That appears to be various types of grass and weeds. Perhaps there might be some onion weeds mixed through it as well. I'd suggest some herbicide in Yates Zero Weeding Herbicide Applicator Brush. You can use this applicator to paint the herbicide onto the individual grass blades keeping its use to a minimum. It's also handy for preventing the herbicide from coming in contact with plants you don't want to remove. Alternatively, you can lay several sheets of newspaper over the area and cover them with mulch. This prevents the grass from growing and will suppress it until it dies off.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to control weeds organically.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc @Thank you!

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica,

Please keep us updated on what method you use and the results achieved. I trust many of our members have a similar weed issue and would appreciate your feedback on what works best in controlling them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc All right ,I will. Have a nice day!

Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects