Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove weeds on Sir Walter buffallo turf?

nigelclaw
Finding My Feet

How to remove weeds on Sir Walter buffallo turf?

My turf is dying and has weeds all over the place. Please recommend me the best weed killer and sir water buffalo feeder or fertiliser that I can use for my lawn

CC14E787-EA2E-4221-BD1C-3E083AB389E8.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to the weeds for sir water buffallo turf

Hello @nigelclaw

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about weeds in your turf.

Looking at the photo you've posted, it looks like the turf has been overrun with weeds. I suggest using Yates 4L BuffaloPro Hose On Lawn Weed Killer. It selectively kills the most common broadleaf weeds in lawns, including bindii, clover, dandelions, and thistles. It is safe to use on established Buffalo turf. Please do not mow or fertilize your turf for a minimum of 7 days. You will have to manually remove all the weeds to allow the Buffalo turf to grow again.

However, if you wish to lay down new turf, I suggest reading this discussion: Whole lawn is weed. My colleague @MitchellMc has listed down the steps you need to take to prepare your area for re-seeding or re-turfing.

Here is a handy link: How to treat common lawn weeds

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to the weeds for sir water buffallo turf

Thank you Eric I’ll have a go with the recommendations. Much appreciated 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects